Friday, October 11, 2024

 

The Adventures of the Night Continue (written in 2021)

 
Shared with Your friends
Friends
The adventures of the night continued. Around 2 A.M. we spied a mouse in the chicken house and we both chased it up and down the house with a broom and a crank. I think we just wore him out.... triumphantly, Leslie carried said mouse outside to the cats.
Then we headed into one of the doghouses to replace a worn pulley on the tunnel curtain. Leslie decides he needs some needle-nosed pliers and heads for the door...unsuccessfully turning the doorknob-to no avail.
"Deborah Ann, we are locked in." LOL! Worked and worked to get that door to open...tore the handle off in my hands...we both did a little kicking. Believe me, the door doesn't just fly open when you do that. The movies lie!
There is no other door.... the doorknob by this time is totally torn up but the pin is still in the door. No tools with us except a box cutter and a cheap small pair of scissors.
Halfway through tearing the doorknob up the phone rings around 4:00. Leslie answers but no one answers on their end. Hangs up. Who calls and hangs up at 4 in the morning? I'm thinking that might be a sign to call for help. You hate to do that...not at 4 in the morning. I then get the bright idea that we can go THROUGH the cool cell pads. There's one on the end that's about half the size of the others...I push on it...it gives just a bit...I push some more....and it falls outwards. So I turn sideways and step outside to blessed FREEDOM! LOL! I try to get the door open for Leslie then we just decide to remove another cool cell pad. And now the clock shows it's 5:30...we head for home, take a shower, fix a bite to eat and are about to head back for some last-minutes chores before the truck gets there with the chicks. I think I've had enough excitement for the time being...who says farming is boring?
d 94 others

Share

No comments: