Monday, January 17, 2022

Out of the mouths of babes

 A memory from a couple of years ago...my sweet little Gracie...(2020)

The other day when the kiddos were here and helping on the farm, Gracie and I were going to check the chicken houses that evening after having walked them that morning, put out hay and range meal...the usual farm 'things'. We were talking and I said, "I sure am glad to see the end of this day!" She says, "Well, I kind of am and kind of not."
"What do you mean?"
"Well, I kinda am glad it's over because I'm tired. But I kinda don't because...Life is short." She left it at that.
Folks, it doesn't take an 8-year-old to understand that sometimes we are pressing our luck and wishing our life away when we are trying to hurry up one day just to get to another. Take a moment when you are tired and just thank God for that opportunity to savor the day you've been given. Thank him for letting you see that one and ask him to let you see another. It beats wishing it away. As Gracie said, "Life is short."

No comments: